Date(s) - 28/11/2018
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Sheffield Hallam University
Stop the Clock: changing the landscape for young carers.
Wednesday 28 November 2018, 4.30 – 6.30pm
Stoddart Building, Arundel Gate, Sheffield Hallam University
Young carers are an amazing group of children and young people who take on responsibilities way beyond their years. Many of them remain hidden from view – caring for a family member without any support or recognition. At Sheffield Young Carers we believe that unless we hear the voices of young carers more clearly, they will remain hidden, with their caring responsibilities increasing and their life chances decreasing.
Join us for our Research and Action event led by young carers.
Hear from our Young Carers Action Group about:
- Influencing national government – recommendations to the Prime Minister
- Piloting free travel and leisure passes – engaging private and public sector partners
Hear about research into:
- How can we prevent young carers undertaking inappropriate or excessive care? Crook Public Service Fellowship Policy Paper, Sheffield Young Carers and University of Sheffield
- Effective support for young adult carers: London School of Economics
- Long term impact – making a difference for life: Sheffield Young Carers and Ecorys
- Longitudinal study on the impact of Sheffield Young Carers activity: Care Connect, University of Sheffield